Some important points you have to tell in interview if interviewer asks you to tell about RRB's in brief.
- Regional Rural Banks (RRB's) provide the banking facilities in rural areas with low cost structure and to uplift the weaker sections of the society through the implementation of poverty alleviation programs.
- RRB's established on 2nd October 1975.
- There are 82 number of Regional Rural Banks in India.
- Capital in all Regional Rural Banks is contributed by Govt of India, Sponsor bank and state government in the ratio of 50 : 35 : 15 respectively.
- NABARD provide refinance facilities to the regional rural banks for their lending needs and also regulates the functioning of RRB's.